Vadim has over 15 years of international consulting experience, assisting CPG clients understand the implications of the fast-changing retail landscape, consolidation and emergence of hybrid retail channels (offline and online) that are disrupting established distribution channels segmentation and strategies. Vadim’s focus areas are sales and trade marketing team’s capability development, annual strategic planning and negotiations.
In addition to being focused on Eastern European insights and consulting, Vadim has done extensive work in developing South East Asian markets, working with CPG clients in the region, helping them develop new sales and negotiation skills for account planning, delivering insights on key retail accounts and training commercial teams in Indonesia, Philippines and other markets in the region.
Prior to Retail Cities, Vadim worked as a retail analyst, in the USA and the UK. Vadim holds as a B.S. in business administration from Boston University and an MBA in strategic market management from Babson College. He is Russian and resides in Moscow.
Focus areas in developing/emerging markets:
- Retailer financial models and retail KPIs for account planning
- Key account business & sales plans preparation
- Key account reviews & assessments, modern grocery retail landscape trends
- Sales & negotiation for transforming commercial terms and trade marketing strategy
- Size of the channel/market (size of the prize) growth forecasting and opportunity assessment
Focus areas in Russia:
- Modern grocery – leading retailers deep dive analysis
- Soft discounters (Magnit, Pyaterochka) assortment and positioning strategy alignment
- Pharma channel landscape and key players go-to-market strategy
- Hard/warehouse discounters & non-food discounters channel analysis
- Trading terms structure & account planning capabilities
- E-com CPG channel deep dive analysis with key players overview