Last modified: December 11, 2020
- Children Under the Age of 16
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Information You Provide To Us
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Third-Party Information Collection
- How We May Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- Contact Information
This policy applies to information we collect;
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may download from this Website that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including third party websites that you may access through links in the Website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Other websites, apps, and third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will plan to delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at:
RETAIL CITIES GLOBAL INC.
838 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, company, job function, telephone number, or any other information that may be collected that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline [collectively, “personal information”];
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide To Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you may provide by filling in forms in the Website. This includes information provided at the time of using our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter any promotion sponsored by us, or when you report any problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to any surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of any orders. You may be requested to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Other types of information that the user may provide.
You may provide information to be published or displayed [“Posted”] on public areas of websites you access through our Website or social media pages [collectively, “User Contributions”]. Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
When you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patters, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the Website. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The technologies that we may use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or other mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Other technologies.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include, without limitation:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website. The information that they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control tracking technologies of third parties or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about opting out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.”
How We May Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with access to the Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when software updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Website.
We may use location information that we collect.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
We may use information that we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, or information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we may use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an “email a friend” feature, we may transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our Software End User License Agreement [“EULA”], terms of sale for goods and services, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use And Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you may provide to us. This section describes mechanisms that we may provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes located on the form on which we collect your data, by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative [“NAI”] on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you have an account accessible through our Website, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the account and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) may permit users of our Website or apps that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
RETAIL CITIES GLOBAL INC.
838 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us may be stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology or other encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we provide.
RETAIL CITIES GLOBAL INC.
838 Washington Street
Bath, ME 04530